The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is an Agency of the European Union with specific regulatory responsibilities and executive tasks in the area of aviation safety. Based in Cologne, Germany, EASA plays a key role in the European Union’s strategy to establish and maintain a high uniform level of civil aviation safety in Europe. For more information on EASA, please consult our website.
The Software & Airborne Electronic Hardware (AEH) Expert will ensure product safety by providing essential and unique expertise to influence and permit decisions in certification and continued airworthiness.
• Identify applicable specifications to establish the certification basis of a certification project
• Define the level of oversight involvement by selecting the retained items for verification using a risk management based approach
• Perform compliance check (document review, audits), resulting in issuing statements of satisfaction in the domain of Software and Airborne Electronic Hardware (AEH)
• Contributing to the Design Organisation approval and oversight
• Education and/or training in software engineering, electronic engineering or other relevant subjects
• At least 3 years of experience in Airborne Electronic Hardware or Airborne Software development or certification working in the industry or for a National Aviation Authority (NAA)
• Working experience and knowledge of aircraft/engine software or AEH certification activities and related certification specifications and guidance material
• Good knowledge of AEH or software development environment, including standards, methods, tools and language used in aircraft/engine systems development
Please consult the EASA website for the detailed vacancy notice.
The closing date for applications is 05/09/2017, 23:55 CET
Location: Cologne, Germany
Salary: from 5,247.33 EUR
Job type: Temporary Agent