Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards! Fueled by innovation, talent and ambition, the Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is seeking civilian professionals prepared to deploy war-winning capabilities on behalf of the United States Air Force.
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is looking for a Meteorologist (GS-1340-12), located at 2nd Weather Group, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. In this position, you would oversee complex projects involved in managing the requirements of the weather organization’s global and/or regional meteorological products and services.
This is full-time federal position that offers a rewarding and exciting career with exceptional pay and benefits!
Salary Range $77,742 – 101,069
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures standardized meteorological support for Air Force, Army, Navy, Guard, Reserve, DoD, national programs, and other government and international agencies
- Establishes continuing or special meteorological and/or automation requirements for supported users
- Devises methods, techniques, and procedures to manage and track internal and external user requirements for organization’s meteorological products, services, information systems changes, and other resources
- Utilizes professional knowledge of meteorology, directs project teams in the development of new products and/or technical capabilities to support user requirements
- Applies in-depth knowledge of AFW (Air Force Weather) systems and of the functions and capabilities of the organization’s divisions, branches, sections, and/or geographically separated units to respond to user requests for information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Knowledge of professional meteorology concepts, principles, techniques, and practices, including weather observation, forecasting, communications, meteorological equipment, and support procedures in order to conceive, design, and develop new meteorological products and services to meet a variety of user requirements
- Knowledge of established weather methods and procedures to formulate and recommend solutions and/or modifications to standard practices, processes, or techniques in order to resolve complex issues or adapt existing strategies to meet unusual needs, special demands, and/or determine feasible solutions to meet requirements
- Knowledge of advanced meteorological theories, concepts, principles, and processes to develop and validate new requirements, technical approaches, product proposals, etc., to improve customer support, as well as knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to analyze and measure user satisfaction and trend data.
- US Citizenship is required
- Work may require access to classified information. The incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance (TS/SCI)
- This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use
- Must have at least a bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or other natural science major (with at least 24 semester hours of credit in meteorology/atmospheric science)
This position is being filled using direct hiring authorities and can close at any time. Apply Now!
Click the apply button to complete an application and upload resume (PDF or Word Doc) and/or additional documents (Transcripts, certifications, Vet Docs (DD214), SF-50).
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required. Must be of legal working age.