JOB TITLE: Senior Commercial Planning Manager
BASE: BUD - Office
Senior Commercial Planning Manager
(Based in Budapest)
Purpose of the position
Lead a team managing capacity on Wizz Air’s existing route network and report to the Head of Pricing and Revenue Management. Deliver revenue forecast updates and coordinate related projects and recommendations to management.
Responsibilities & main tasks:
- The Senior Commercial Planning Manager is responsible for managing capacity on Wizz Air’s existing route network and coordinating a team dedicated to this area.
- The goal is to maximize profitability by optimizing capacity and weekly frequencies, thereby offering the right products to the market.
- Part of the job role is to deliver regular revenue forecast updates of the route network by closely following market trends, demand and competitive dynamics.
- The Senior Commercial Planning Manager should continuously work together with Network Development and Scheduling and Slots departments on projects related to new aircraft deployments, seasonal loadings and coordinate various analyses and business recommendations to management.
- Part of the job role is to deliver monthly capacity plan updates to the organization, thereby contributing to an efficient business planning cycle.
- To be successful in the role it is essential to effectively manage projects and cross-functional initiatives and to follow through his/her agenda in a high-growth and continuously changing business environment.
Requirements & competencies:
- Completed university degree in business, economics or other numerical subject
- At least 5 years’ experience in revenue management, pricing, commercial planning strategy function, management consulting, alternatively in an analytically-driven role.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of core economic concepts and principles
- Ability to lead a team and drive forward projects
- Ability to work under pressure
- A highly motivated, proactive individual
- Team player
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Openness to live and work in Budapest, Hungary (relevant permit can be obtained for successful applicants)
- Limited travel required